I TOLD YOU AT THE START OF THE SEASON THAT WE WILL NEVER AGAIN WIN ANYTHING WITH WENGER – AND I AM CORRECT FOR A FOURTH SEASON – HE HAS TO GO!
ARSENAL 0 – 0 BLACKBURN ROVERS
Another toothless display against relegation fodder, (how many times has that happened this season?) shows just how far we really are from becoming the team we once were. Some will say we are still second in the league, but that is sure to change on current form, with at least Manchester City likely to overhaul us.
The tragedy is it is all so unnecessary. Everyone can see what is needed apart from the arrogant, deluded and untouchable manager – oh for David Dein. So this will be six seasons without silverware, meaning we are now looking at a seven year gap minimum. simply not good enough for a club of Arsenal’s status and ambitions.
Wenger will no doubt lie through his teeth in the close season and talk about signings that will never materialise in an effort to divert the pressure on him, but it is as much about getting rid of deadwood as it is about bringing in new blood.
As we left the ground on Saturday, there was no doubt the crowd were in a highly volatile mood. the team had been booed off the field and there was widespread talk about not renewing season tickets.
You cannot dupe all of the people all of the time. We have some wonderful players in Cesc, RvP (who are both clearly not fully fit right now), Nasri (who looks worn out having carried the team virtually single-handed all season), Vermaelen (remember him?), Theo, Wilshire and a marvellous prospect in Ramsey. The rest of the first team squad could all go as far as I am concerned – all mediocre at best.
Almunia has my pity. He is beyond bad. He had what is probably the two worst Premier League centre-backs in front of him against Blackburn. His confidence is simply non-existent. Yes, we have been unlucky with goalkeeping injuries, but how did we get in this situation in the first place?
Why were the team not motivated? I cannot remember the last time we won and in two home games we’ve failed to score against the might of Sunderland and Blackburn – that’s over three hours!
Some questions for Wenger relating to Saturday’s game:
1. Why did you take Arseshaver off when he was having his best game in over a season, whilst you have persisted with him for months when he was simply awful?
2. Where was the leadership on the park? I did not see one instance of any player, including Captain Cesc, of encouraging the players.
3. Where was the leadership off the park? Again, every time there was a pause in play Blackburn players were called over to the technical area for instructions. As always, Wenger (and his patsy, Rice) never once got off their arses to shake things up. All Wenger does is complain about time easting.
4. Time wasting, Mr. Wenger. You complain about time wasting from the opposition when your team spends 95% of their possession playing keep ball and creating pretty patterns allowing the opposition to get all eleven men behind the ball. That is serious time wasting.
5. Bendnter is never a centre-forward let alone a winger! Do not insult us anymore.
6. Mental strength? Where was it on Saturday?
7. You said after the game that you were “at a loss”. If you are at a loss, GO!
8. You clearly can no longer motivate the dressing room and there is only one sensible and honourable option – Resign.